Mobile and Fashion: The Bond is Getting Tightened : New gizmos, Gadgets gazette Blog

Monday, November 12, 2007

Mobile and Fashion: The Bond is Getting Tightened

Last week when I stepped into a retail mobile outlet at Camden market, one of the most happening places in London, I saw advertisements of Levi's mobile phones which are all set to be released soon. I was a bit dumb thinking “is it the clothing company Levi's or a new kid on the block?” One of the persons in the outlet came into rescue my curiosity and told me that it's the same Levi's whose jeans are popular worldwide and trusted for years now. He even told me that the device will be manufactured under licence by the Paris-based ModeLabs. I came to know that the steel framed Levi's phone with "shiny silver" and "shiny sand" finishes for the ladies and "metallic silver", black and "brown copper" for the lads will be available in the UK very soon.

I didn't buy anything but came out of the outlet with much satisfaction. To tell you the truth, I am a bit fashion conscious and love to be in sync with the latest trend. So, the news about the launch of a Levi's phone was definitely a! Currently I'm using the the Nokia 6111 Cath Kidson with flowers on it while my brother is using the stylish and elegant LG Prada, both designer phones. Some of my friends have even got the Motorola RAZR V3i Dolce and Gabbana. Yes, the mobile industry is also getting fashionable each passing day. Mobile manufacturers have roped up with some of the most prestigious fashion houses thus unveiling eye catching fashion mobile handsets.

Fashion and mobile technology are now more akin than ever. Mobile phones now don't work as mere communication gadgets, they also work as good medium to show off one's fashion quotient. And the entry of fashion labels into the mobile market has helped further in igniting the the stylish mobile trend.

No comments: